- 8–12 small corn tortillas
- 6 medium beets cooked* (3 cups diced)
- 6–8 kale leaves (3–4 cups chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 small handful cilantro (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (juice from 1/2 lime)
- Prep the Ingredients: Remove the stems from the kale leaves, chop the leaves into small pieces and place the chopped kale in a medium sized bowl. Cut the cooked beets into cubes (1/2″ cubes work well) and put in the medium sized bowl with the kale. Gently toss the kale and beets with the olive oil and a couple pinches of salt. Set aside.
- Make the Sauce: Remove the stem, ribs and seeds from the jalapeño. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and use a spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Put the avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, milk, lime juice and 1/2 tsp. of salt in a small food processor, blender or bullet. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Assemble: Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds to make them more pliable. Now it is time to assemble your tacos! Put beets, kale, goat cheese and a couple spoonfuls of avocado sauce in each taco. Serve with lime wedges for a fresh zesty squeeze of lime juice over the tacos (optional). Enjoy!
You can buy beets precooked at the grocery store in the produce section or you can cook beets quickly and easily at home!