1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 Chicken Thighs, Bone In Skin on
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
*omit for Whole30
2 cloves garlic
2 medium red onions
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 cup chicken stock
2 cup shredded curly kale
cut into halves/quarters depending on size
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a large cast iron skillet (or oven proof pan) heat the olive oil. Season the chicken thighs on
both sides with salt and pepper and then cook for 4 minutes per side in the oil until golden in
colour. Once cooked, transfer to a plate
- In a bowl whisk together the mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the diced shallots and garlic to the pan and cook for 4 minutes until the shallots begin to
soften. Add in the sliced red onions and thyme and let cook for 3 minutes before pouring in
the balsamic/mustard mixture and chicken stock.
- Let everything simmer for 4 minutes before adding in the chopped kale. Return the chicken
thighs to the skillet and arrange the fig pieces around the pan. Spoon some of the sauce over
the chicken and then bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with more thyme before serving.